Like my Facebook page!

Ravelry Rocks!

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Dreambird For Dragonbird



I am currently working on my dream project. It is something I have seen floating around for a while and every time I would see someone’s lovely FO of this project pop up I would sit and stare at its beauty. I would enviously wish I could knit so I could create such a wonderful display of artwork on my own body. So I taught myself to knit in May. Mainly, because this was my goal. I worked very hard on many different projects so I could get some experience and decided it was time to take the leap.
So now I am having a really tough time with this. I am so in love with the project it is interfering with my working on it. I keep stopping so I can lay it out and ogle it. I lay it out…pat it gently, think about what color to use next, take pictures of it, show it to my family (who roll their eyes because it looks no different than the last time I showed them) and basically just DROOL all over the stupid thing.
Am I the only one that has this crazy love obsession with a project? I want to think that it is a GOOD thing to love what you are working on, but good lord, maybe I shouldn’t love it THIS much! haha! I’ll never finish!

This is an excerpt from my project's notes:  "I am in love LOVE with this pattern I tell you. I keep stopping my work so I can just stare at this stupid thing. how insane is that? VERY. I love everything about this pattern, and I think I shall marry this thing when it is all over. I finally got to the pink part in a feather and I almost died from excitement. I think this is seriously getting out of control. No one should be that in love with a project. It’s Wacky Shack worthy. I have found though, that I was pulling my double stitches a little too tight with this thinner thread (the crap yarn I was practicing on didn’t have that issue). So the first few feathers have a few little holes mainly because I was too diligent in pulling them tight…But my last feather is perfection. PERFECTION I tell you. Did I mention I love it? OMG I need sleep. Sleep? I’ll dream about my dreambird. Yes I will. Why? BECAUSE I LOVE IT."

No comments:

Post a Comment